I still remember back in 2008, my family and I specially travelled to Beijing in June, just to get a glimpse of the two Stadiums. It was truly a grand sight, and I was awed by the creativity of whoever designed the Stadium, making it look like a bird's nest. It was a pity that we were not able to go to the Olympics itself, as we had school at that time and was unable to leave Singapore... :( The Stadium is proof of the big step China has made since the olden times, and I'm sure all people from China are immensely proud of this, like how my parents are. :)
Sunday, 23 March 2014
Blogwork on Chinese History; Liang Shi Wen (9)
I would choose the picture of the stadium. It shows how much China had progressed over the recent years and have become recognized globally, which can be shown by their hosting of the 2008 olympic games and the 2010 shanghai expo. The 2008 Beijing Olympics was also a grand event and very well organised. This shows progress, as before these events, China was considerably lacking compared to western countries. However, in recent years its economic status improved rapidly and many businessmen view China as the best and most profitable market, which is a massive improvement since the time when the monarchy was still in power, and China was ruled by the Qing government.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment