Activity 1:
China:
Singapore:
Activity 2:
I feel that the one child policy helps to China to manage their rapid popuation growth, as well as to prevent overcrowding. While the reasons behind the one child policy is justifiable, but that does not mean that they do not come with disadvantages. While this is uncommon right now, this policy used to cause parents, especially those from rural areas, to abandon or kill baby girls, (how gruesome O_o) as they held males in higher regard, which is the traditional thinking of the Chinese. This is resulting misbalance in genders in China, where there are more males than females...
I have a few cousins who live in China, (after all both my parents grew up there) and one of them shared with me that he feels lonely when left at home alone as he has no one to keep him company when his parents are away for work. I would never be able to understand how he feels as I have two siblings, but does this one child policy make the children happy? I think not. :((((((

No comments:
Post a Comment