Another highlight of my vacation is when I visit one of the newest tourist attraction this year, River Safari at the Singapore Zoo. I saw many one of a kind animals such as the leopards, the manatees and of course, the iconic giant pandas. It was very fascinating and amusing watching the pandas in their enclosure and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Kai Kai loves lazing outside his den and munching on bamboo leaves while Jia Jia, being a female, is more shy and spends most of her time in her private den sleeping. However, I managed to catch a glimpse of her when she was outside her den having a snack. She loves the attention given by the visitors and even posed for photos taken by them but she was quick to return to her den soon after. Kai Kai on the other side, was very laid-back and was eating and napping all the time. Amusingly, he had an itch on his rear end and had to scratch it against the trees which caused a ripple of laughter among the visitors. Even though it was a interesting experience, I feel sorry for the animals that are in captivity, only being able spent their lives in an enclosure, shut out from the wild and the natural habitat. They might be fed and cared for regularly like a pet, but I do not think that is their true animalistic nature.
Saturday, 11 January 2014
Chufei's holiday reflections 2H (13)
I think I had a rather interesting December holiday this year. It started out as an ordinary school holiday and was just staying at doing my holiday homework, revising what I had learnt that year in school. My parents suggested my brother and I visit our grandparents back in Malaysia. We were obviously closer to our grandmothers so we decided to take this chance to spend some quality time with our paternal grandfather. I had a fruitful time with my grandfather even though he is a quiet man, his actions are louder than words. My grandfather always stay at home and rarely interact with others. Iearnt that I should take the initiative to strike up a conversation and bond with him than cope up in my room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment