Saturday, 11 January 2014

Shiwen's holiday reflections (09)

I think my December holidays of 2013 were very well spent. My entire November was dedicated to my CCA, Choir. We have spent many hours together to practice and make our performance, Cantare, a good concert. The concert day was quite possibly the best day I've had in the year. It was a brilliant mixture of exhaustion, fun, frustration, joy and accomplishment. It was tiring no doubt, but looking back, I'm glad that I had such an experience. If we did not have this concert, the only thing I would be doing is staying at home, with only homework, a few canvases and paint for company.
The next highlight in my holidays is my trip to Bali, Indonesia with my family. To be frank, the trip was rather dull. Through the span of four days, we were plagued by incessant rain. We stayed in a brilliant hotel—the best I have ever stayed in—that had a beautiful beach, but we hardly had any chance to enjoy it due to the rain. We also went to one of the volcanoes, expecting great views after a 3 hour journey on the car, but we were greeted with a ridiculous amount of fog from the rain, and couldn't even catch a glimpse of the volcano. However, we did manage to get a taste of the famous Kopi Luwak. However, I was rather horrified seeing the civets in relatively small cages, but there were only a few, obviously only for tourists to visit. Also, I am certainly not an expert coffee taster, and the coffee tasted just like any other. Quite a waste in my opinion, but I did get a taste of other coffees and teas that I enjoyed. On the last day of the trip, which was Christmas day, We got a blessing of sun, and spent our morning at the beach. Regretfully, it started raining in the later part of the day, when we were at the airport about to return the home. In all it was a brilliant holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment